Every company says that 'people are our biggest asset'. In the case of Quartzelec that is literally true.
By joining Quartzelec you will become part of a local team, with the potential to become part of a truly nationwide service provider and with specific opportunities for overseas travel and long-term worldwide placements.
To lead and manage projects with the responsibility for all operational, financial, customer and employee strategy for the duration of the project.
As the Project Manager, you will have the responsibility for ensuring the project is planned, managed, financially controlled and all stakeholders are involved, communicated with, progress is evaluated, changes are implemented, and reports submitted as the needs of the project require.
Reports To: Operations Manager
Key Responsibilities & Accountability
- Working as part of the project and management team to achieve the overall objectives of the project and business unit by driving high standards of safety, work and continuous improvement in process and quality of operations.
- Responsible for the P&L, budget and commercial responsibility of the project, including cash flow and collection. Developing and delivering budgets in line with forecasts and expectations.
- Ensure compliance with all Company Policies. Particular attention is drawn to the requirement to manage operational delivery in accordance with the Companies Safety Rules.
- Management of the project, processes and procedures to achieve right first time and customer satisfaction.
- Understanding contracts to read, interpret and implement appropriate controls utilising support from the management and Commercial team as required.
- Seeking out and developing new and existing business opportunities, generating quotations and delivering opportunities to tender.
- Proactively manage costs and improve efficiency to increase project performance and profitability.
- Take lead role in all HR activities within the profit centres, coaching and developing the workforce ensuring quality, health and safety standards are maintained in accordance with company policies and relevant legislation.
- Define the project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders ensuring technical feasibility and resource allocation.
Qualifications & Experience
- Demonstrable track record in LV Project Management
- HV experience would be preferred but not essential.
- Must have gained either IOSH Manging safely or Site Management Safety Training Scheme certificate (SMSTS)
- Rail experience would be preferable but not essential.
- Highly motivated self-starter with a passion and interest in serving customers and exceeding expectations
- Interpersonal skills at all organisational levels, with the ability to motivate people and engender a culture of team working to achieve the aims of the business
- Proven commercial knowledge, excellent negotiation skills and experience
- The ability to work under pressure
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for this role please send your CV and letter of application explaining how you meet the requirements of the role to:-
Strictly no agencies please
Quartzelec is an equal opportunities employer
All personal data collected by Quartzelec Ltd is stored and processed in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
If you wish for your data to be removed from our database please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
BACK TO CURRENT VACANCIES