Every company says that 'people are our biggest asset'. In the case of Quartzelec that is literally true.
By joining Quartzelec you will become part of a local team, with the potential to become part of a truly nationwide service provider and with specific opportunities for overseas travel and long-term worldwide placements.
We are now looking to recruit an experienced armature winder to be based at our site in Sheffield.
Reports To: Operations Manager
Key Responsibilities & Accountability
Your main areas of responsibility will require:-
- Inspect various kinds of electro-mechanical equipment for damage and evidence of electrical malfunction
- Test condition of windings to relevant standards (also testing of previously re-wound machines)
- Illustrate and/or document all relevant data specific to unit’s electro-magnetic characteristics, operating conditions, existing damage or intended serviceability
- Dismantle and/or strip damaged or unserviceable electro-mechanical equipment
- Prepare all reusable parts for rewinding and inspect renewed parts for hidden, structural damage or unusual conditions
- Rewind various kinds of electro-mechanical equipment, including but not limited to: single phase, three-phase, dc fields, armatures, wound rotors and transformers
- Observe proper insulating techniques and/or requirements during rewinding
- Complete required paperwork for each job accurately and on a timely basis
- Operate specialised repair and testing equipment, including but not limited to: winding machines, test panels, surge testers, core-loss tester, cut-off saws, burnout ovens, back ovens, grinders, cranes forklifts trucks, brazing units, dip tanks, VPI systems and various hand-held power and non-power tools
Observe all safety procedures and policies and use proper protective equipment
Qualifications & Experience
The successful applicant will possess:-
- Time served and semi-skilled or equivalent combination of education and experience is desired
- Mechanical aptitude required
- Prior experience working as a Winder is essential
- Full driving licence would be an advantage
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for this role please send your CV and letter of application explaining how you meet the requirements of the role to:-
Strictly no agencies please
Quartzelec is an equal opportunities employer
All personal data collected by Quartzelec Ltd is stored and processed in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
If you wish for your data to be removed from our database please contact us at email@example.com
BACK TO CURRENT VACANCIES