Mechanical Design Engineer
Location - Rugby
Closing date - 31 October 2012
Quartzelec is a leading independent engineering service provider and a technical authority in the field of rotating electrical machines.
We are looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join our engineering operations in Rugby.
Experience of different manufacturing process and stress calculations both classical hand calculations and preferably FEA.
Will suit an engineer looking to advance their career by working a wide range of machinery; from low voltage 100kW motors to 250MW two pole generators.
The machinery we are responsible for is critical the normal operations of a wide range of industries; including offshore installations, combined cycle power stations, petrochemical plants, hospitals, academic/research centres and peak load hydro stations.
Main areas of responsibility will be:
- Mechanical design of new machinery (both the stator, rotor components and complete machine), upgrades, retrofits and repair instructions for failed equipment;
- Root cause analysis of failed machinery and diagnosis of failing machinery.
- Assisting the tendering and project management team with winning new projects and then providing technical oversight thorough to completion.
- On site analysis of machine condition and compilation of life assessment reports.
- Specifying test instructions for the dynamic testing of electrical machines and subsequent analysis of results.
This role is to supported a team of engineers, as well as experienced project management and administration personal, within our main factory location with access to a state of the art test facility, sophisticated design software and massive workshop area.
Our product range is diverse and the role will require site visits for face-to-face meetings with machinery owners, as well as on-site examination and testing, within the UK and overseas or offshore; supported by our local offices.
- mechanical engineering degree (will look at HND time served)
- experience of rotating machine design, ideally electrical machines but not essential.
- CEng, or working towards
- Experience of ATEX and DSEAR standards desirable.
- Computer literate (MS office)
- Full UK driving licence and Passport
- Be analytical and organised
- Be able to communicate with people at all levels
- Have a logical approach and excellent attention to detail
- Enjoy working within a team environment
If you would like to apply for this vacancy, please email your CV to email@example.com.
Alternatively you can post to:
Castle Mound way
Quartzelec is an equal opportunities employer.